Festuca rubra spp.
The species Festuca rubra can be subdivided into 3 botanical categories:
1. Strong Creeping Red Fescue
2. Chewings Fescue
3. Slender Creeping Red Fescue
Festurca rubra is know for its fine textured leaves and its low maintenance qualities. It is well adapted to shaded areas with poor, drought prone and slightly acid soils.
All 3 subspecies are frequently used in mixtures for amenity purposes and low maintenance.
The characteristics that distinguish these from the others are:
* The Strong creeping is a rhizomatous species and has not low cutting tolerance.
* Chewings Fescue is not a rhizomatous species and it forms high density lawns and it has a low cutting good tolerance.
* Slender Creeping is a rhizomatous plant but it keeps together the best characteristics of Chewings and Strong Creeping Red Fescue, that have drought and wear good tolerance.
Temperate single turf species.
|FES 009||CASANOVA - TATJANA|
|FES 003||GONDOLIN - SERGEI|